Our Apostolic Work
“we must use every possible legitimate means”
– St. Maximilian Kolbe
Our Apostolic Work
The distinctive apostolic purpose of our Institute is this: to promote the “Mission of the Immaculate Mediatrix,” working for the conversion of sinners and the sanctification of souls under the protection and through the mediation of the Immaculate. In the footsteps of our Seraphic Father St Francis of Assisi and St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe, we have pledged ourselves to work together “in building up the Body of Christ, which is the Church” (Eph 4:12) by contemplative prayer and by action, to bring all souls “through the Immaculate to the Heart of Jesus.”14
For this reason, our primary task is to give the Immaculate to souls, to make Her discovered and known, to make Her loved by every heart, using every licit means (cf. Traccia, 21).
“For Her let us live, toil, suffer, and long to die.” – St. Maximilian
Two features govern all of our apostolic activity: it should be Marian and, as befits the Ordo Minor, it should be lesser. The first of these qualities, essential to a Marian community, must render Marian all apostolic activity according to the wonderful example of St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe (1898-1941), whom Pope Paul VI ranked “among the great saints and prophetic spirits who grasped, venerated, and sung the mystery of Mary.”
Through the whole word, we are and especially in Africa, we are trying :
- — to organize the movement known as the “Mission of the Immaculate Mediatrix”;
- — to guide and form Marian groups especially among youth;
- — to organize and develop Marian catechesis by way of systematic instruction and also by way of conferences directed to various sectors of society (family, school, etc.);
- — to prepare and execute Marian radio and television broadcasts for our own stations or for other broadcasters;
- — to organize works of charity or activities of social assistance;
- — to disseminate Marian publications and all that speaks of Our Lady (through bookstores, exhibits, films, audio and video cassettes, etc.);
- — to become apostles of the Miraculous Medal and of the Holy Rosary;
- — to organize and promote Marian prayer groups and Marian paraliturgies;
- — to establish Marian Retreat Houses.
All for the greatest Glory of the Holy Trinity and the honor of Immaculate.